Well as you can see by the title of my post and if you take a little glimpse of the photo below, you'll realise I've been a-busy a-baking again. Thanks to Liz who camp up trumps with the recipe for me after putting up with me for a good couple of months of badgering her for it. I tasted her lovely cheesey hamy scrolly delights at the school's local teddy bears picnic and I new I had to have this recipe for myself. I have struggled with making scrolls in past and this is my best attempt to date.
- set oven for 220C
- sift flour, baking powder, mustard powder and s n p
- rub in butter and cheese
- gradually add milk using knife
- knead gently
- roll out to form rectangle
- slice ham into ribbons and spread over scone mixture and cover with cheese
- roll up and cut into 8
- place on greased oven tray and bake for 20m or until golden
My three monkeys loved them! These are great lunch box fillers! I'm thinking of substituting the ham with marmite as we are a family of marmite lovers. Hope you all are having a fab weekend!
PS - I hope you're trying some of these recipes Carina. After getting your cups you've got no excuse honey!