Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Greetings from Blogland!

Well, here I am finally after lurking for far too long! A big thank you to Stacey for giving me the final push on taking the leap. Here I will share a little glimpse into my life – as I knit, crochet, sew, cook, ponder, read and so on. The highs and lows life brings as I attempt to take on far too many projects at once as well as try and look after my three little cherubs….Little Es 6 my daughter, Little S, 4 and Little E, 2 my two little boys. Not forgetting my gorgeous husband A, who may stop by for an entry or two himself. So on my first posting I will share with you a project I am about to start and a collection of FOs (finished objects for those without the lingo).



These bright and breezy fabrics are going to be miraculously turned into a beautiful birthday bunting for Es (hopefully by elves in the middle of the night!). The choice of checks and florals were to reflect the hint of spring which isn't in the air for us in New Zealand....no really I wanted the bunting to look Easterish too, and I do think Easter and spring are kind of synonymous. So it's lime greens, daffodil yellows and pastel pinks - despite the arrival of autumn.


The items above I have just posted to my sis-in-law in the UK. The purse is a ‘nappy wallet’ – big enough to put in a couple of nappies and small box of wipes. The pink muslins are large enough to swaddle a new little bambino and then there’s my favourite hat and bootie pattern. The hat is adorned by a crocheted flower courtesy of Luce from Attic 24 (a crochet goddess!).

I’m off to bed now, I’m exhausted – this is the second time I’ve typed out this post and downloaded the photos. So I’m going to hit ‘publish’ before it vaporises. Toodlepip x




2 comments:

  1. It looks wicked! You're an interesting writer too! Did you see I'm following you now? Haha... Nice buy in Adam - good on ya! Husband and wife combo - I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabrics! Keep it up, your blog is looking really lovely. It's nice to keep up with your projects and see how they are coming along.

    ReplyDelete

I luuuuuurve comments, so please leave one - thanks!