Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hey Ho and Away We Go!

Chelsea Buns


Really really busy packing and sorting for our 6 week trip to the UK. We leave on Saturday and I have sooooo much to do. So before I go, I'd like to leave you with this yummy recipe from my friend Kate. I'm just going to have to make it just one more time before Saturday, despite the mountain of jobs I have waiting. Will bring them into Kindy on S's last day, Friday. It'll be a treat for the teachers as they are sooooo delicious. I had so many projects I wanted complete before leaving, but this trip has descended upon us so quickly....and boy do we need a holiday. We've not really had a decent one since arriving here over 4 years ago. We've just had the odd weekend away here and there. So this is long awaited and much deserved. A has been working like a trojan and I've been doing the usual frantic Mummy thing. I will try and post while I'm away as we are bringing the laptop. But I warn you, it will probably be just photos of my shopping. But that won't be dissappointing, fingers crossed. Any of you gals from the South of England have any recommendations for fabric/craft/wool shops PLEASE do let me know. We will be based around Brighton/Worthing area and will be doing day trips into London.


Here's the recipe scribbled onto a beautiful recipe card from my friend Glenda's Phoenix Trading. I think you should be able to read it once you've enlarged the photo. Anyhoo, happy blogging fellow bloggeroonies and looking forward to keeping up with your projects from the 'other side'. xx

8 comments:

  1. Have a fab time away! And Yummo - I looooove chelsea buns :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice weather chart - husband very impressed! Shame about the picture it's showing though, isn't it? Those buns bring back lovely memories of when I was young. My mother used to ice them too, they were my favourite.

    I can't wait to see what you buy in England. Please show us photos of all of it. It will almost be like shopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love chelsea buns but i've never attempted to make them.
    Have a great time here in the UK!
    ((hugs))
    Beki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always used to keep a diary but haven't wrote a proper one for a long time. I really want to get back into it again but not just on the writing side of things, so i'm going to sign up on paper bella and hopefully get the creative juices flowing.
    What part of England are you coming to?
    ((hugs))
    Beki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness! Come and see what gadget man has got on my blog now!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for adding on some extra rows to Baby J's cardi - it worked a treat! I hope you have safe trip back to the UK. And a wicked time when you get there! Shopping, shopping, shopping - I'm soo jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been tagged! Come and have a look on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Come on girl, give us some shopping photos! We are itching for a looksie over here. Hope you are having fun and the kids are behaving while Mummy shops! Have you been to see M yet?

    ReplyDelete

I luuuuuurve comments, so please leave one - thanks!